Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Has Arrived

Well it's hard to believe with how warm this Spring has been but the official start of Summer was just 3 days ago. I arrived at the park early this Saturday morning and was happy to catch this Brown Thrasher as my very first photo of the day! I had to shoot through the leaves but I was happy to have caught some of his coloring and his bright yellow eye. I saw a fair amount of birds today including lots of Goldfinches, Gray Catbirds, Common Yellowthroats, Red-winged Blackbirds, Woodpeckers and even the Least Flycatcher again. Another common sight lately are Rabbits. Lately I've been trying to get a nice photo of a baby one just 'cause they're pretty darn cute. I wonder how many get eaten by the Coyotes in the park. The Common Yellowthroat is one of my favorite birds in the park and I'm always trying for a better photo of one. This male finally perched near me and stayed put for a few seconds though his great coloring and pattern was mostly hidden by the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment