Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunny snow Sunday

Just before the bridge on the north side is becoming the hot spot for deer lately and for the second time now I've seen a group of them laying down in the snow. I first noticed a large doe, then two more. The young one, whom I'm starting to easily recognize now, was laying in the clearest area and presented the only decent photo opportunity. Towards the east side I veered off the trail into the woods a little, hoping to find the other half of the shed antler shown to me the day before. No such luck for me so I settled on some other sights such as this shelf mushroom. Later I walked up on a rabbit sitting still in the snow which is hard to do lately because of the loud, icy trails. On the south side I paused on the bridge over Shingle Creek and noticed a small tree enveloped with coils of some other plant growth. It's amazing that plants can grow this fast on their own in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment