Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Sunday

A change in plans for the day resulted in a late afternoon walk versus my normal morning routine. The sun was barely a bright spot in the thick wintery sky and everything was nice and quiet. Today was SuperBowl Sunday so I even had the park to myself! Lately I've been on kind of a bird kick cause I'm realizing now just how hard it is to photograph them. I got some practice in today though with a bunch of Chickadees feeding in some thick trees. I bet I took ten shots before I even managed to capture one in the frame. The bounced around from twig to twig and eventually one or two landed in my view. Though a little out of focus, one of my shots captured him cracking open a shell and pulling out the seed -something they do can do in just a split second as I didn't even really notice it while I was there. On the southeast side I noticed again just how dim the sun was so I was curious to see what it might look like in a photo...

1 comment:

  1. Just learned an interesting fact about my photo of the Chickadee. This method of eating is called "Hammer-holding." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_(bird)#Diet_and_feeding

    ReplyDelete