Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow Day!

I certainly didn't expect to get a walk in today but as it turned out, my workplace closed early afternoon due to the heavy snowfall coming down all day. It was still snowing like mad by the time I hit trails which were now covered in about 5-6 inches of fluffy powder. Though the walking was tough, the park was beautifully white and silent. I had high hopes of spotting an Owl but even they must have been hunkered down for the weather. On the east side I just barely two Does walking through the tall cattails. Though they were really very close to me, I couldn't get decent pics due to the thick cattails they hid behind. It was kind of like watching a silent film, as they made absolutely no noise, despite the heavy snow and close vicinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment