Saturday, February 20, 2010

Warm Saturday in February

I started my normal Saturday walk much later than normal today at about 3:45pm and it made for some nice lighting. The sky was clear blue and the sun was slowly descending for the day. I stayed on the longer, paved trail and could hear the ducks quacking as I got closer to them. Though Mallard Ducks can be an everyday sight, the setting sun made the Drake's heads all the more iridescent and picture-worthy. On the north side I ran into about five or six Deer at the bird feeding stations in the backyard of a house near the edge of the park. This is about the third or fourth time now I've seen large groups of Deer here and it makes me think it's getting pretty tough for them to find food under the 12+ inches of snow still on the ground. I caught just one pic of a Doe leaving the site behind the others. On the south side the setting sun started casting it's glow on the deep snow, bringing out the blue color of the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment