Sunday, April 3, 2011

Quick evening visit

I didn't make it to the park this Sunday until almost 7pm. There were quite a few Deer to be seen again and they were pretty much the only thing of interest this evening. Not only am I spotting them in their usual locations but for the first time it's easy to spot them way out in the middle of the park. Because the Cattails took such a beating this winter, you can see Deer moving clear across the opposite side of the park sometimes. The lighting was just too poor for my cheap camera all evening so even when I did get closer, my shots weren't turning out good. Later I crept along quietly near the creek on the south side hoping to see a Mink again. There was no sign of them or anything else -just a very flooded lake basin. It's hard to tell from this pic but the eastern body of water still has ice on it, while the western side is completely ice free.

No comments:

Post a Comment