Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chill in the air

I was able to visit the park after work this Wednesday but the weather has turned colder again. This whole Spring season has been a real roller coaster -changing from warm to cold every other week it seems. By the end of April last year, we had full leaves the trees and lots of green everywhere. For now the budding leaves seem to have stopped in their tracks and are patiently waiting for warmer temps. One of the first things I saw tonight was a Crow with a frog in it's mouth but I didn't get a good shot. I also saw a Kestral again in the open field of cattails on the north side. Mostly though, I saw a lot of Deer this evening. Some lounging on the banks of the Creek and lots of others busy foraging along the paths. As I was rounding the southeast corner I spotted another group of 3 on the outside of the trail near some houses -a place where I've never ever seen Deer before. At first I barely noticed the one of them had a fresh set of antler nubs. I tried for a long time to get him to look up at me for a photo but he was much too interested in whatever was on the ground. As I was watching this group, a very light snow flurry began to pepper the air. A short time later while at the edge of the lake I grabbed this shot as it really shows how crummy the weather was. What a difference from last April!

No comments:

Post a Comment