Friday, December 31, 2010

A December To Remember

Earlier this month I realized I was inching ever closer to my record number of visits in one month. That was 13 visits back in May. Since then I set a goal of hitting 15 and today I even exceeded that with 16 visits in one month! -a new record that I doubt I will ever top. And it was a good visit on top of it as I was to see my first Barred Owl of the season. He was perched among the thick trees on the north side after the bridge. This is the area of the park where I'd first spotted a Barred Owl and I've come to look for them here ever since. I was just as amazed today as I was the first time, at how well they are camouflaged in this area. Even though I knew right where he was, I found myself having trouble finding him again every time I took my camera off him. He stayed there a long, long time, long enough for me to have a whole conversation with another bird watcher about Owls and Hawks and winter bird watching. Later down the trail, I spotted just two Deer heading out from the middle of the park. It was one Doe followed by one Fawn through the snowbanks right out onto the trail. The Doe paused for just a second on the trail, allowing this one picture before trotting off with the Fawn trailing behind her. I'd seen and photographed so much this month, including big Bucks, Eagles, Owls, Coyotes and Blizzards and it will definitely be a December to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment