Thursday, December 30, 2010

December Rain

After two days of higher temps, today the weather decide to change yet again -this time to rain. It had been drizzling lightly all morning, accelerating the snow melt to a noticeable degree. I decided to take the wood chip trail again in hopes of seeing the Owl in the same place as yesterday. To my surprise I did find him again a little further in this time. And this time I did walk up behind him, making him fly off within just a few seconds. I only got off three photos and this was sadly the best of them. I think it was the very same Owl from yesterday but looks different only because of the low light. As I continued, the steady drizzle collected in droplets on the trees. In the thick Buckthorn bushes it looked like tiny Christmas Tree lights. I found myself a bit unprepared later on as the drizzle turned into full on rain, then hard rain! After three to four rounds of this I found myself becoming absolutely soaked. I guess I should have chosen my raincoat over my winter jacket today.

No comments:

Post a Comment