Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Warm Day

It was warm again this Wednesday with temps reaching just over 40º in the afternoon. With some of the snow starting to melt it was one of the first times I ventured off onto the south side wood chip trail. About half way in, I looked up to notice a big Owl in the trees not too far from me. Upon not seeing his face, I thought it was the first time I'd ever walked up behind an Owl without him seeing me. As I started taking pictures, his head swiveled around and I realized he was in fact perched with his breast toward me. When he realized how close I was he got visibly anxious and flew off pretty quickly afterward. At the north side I decided to walk down the other trail again where I'd seen the Deer yesterday. Again there were a whole bunch of them near the creek and it was tough to count them all as some were close and other further back. As I stood there getting my camera out, a Doe and two Fawns decided to venture out much closer to me. You can see how deep the snow still is even after two days of melting.

No comments:

Post a Comment