Monday, October 11, 2010

Lunchtime walk

This Monday I was working from home as I was having my entire furnace replaced at home. It was way overdue. I figured if I get a lunch break while working at the office I may as well take a lunch break if working from home. I used that time for a very quick walk. The first thing I saw were these Canada Geese that seemed interested in something up in the trees. Only seconds later a Bald Eagle burst out of the trees ahead of me so I guess that must have been what they were watching. It was super warm and sunny today and the temps were in the upper 70's! I feel like it's been quite a few year since we've had this nice of weather eleven days into October. We Minnesotan's sure enjoy it though as every day like this is one less day of snow and cold! These bright red leaves made quite a contrast against a still green background on the south side. Today's visit to the park was the first time I noticed an obvious thinning of underbrush as I could really see into the woods again for the first time since Spring. It made me remember why I spot so many more Deer and Owls in the wintertime as opposed to Summer. On the west side of the park there are a few "planted" Maples along the path that have some nice fall color to them. I really like ones like this where the outer edges have started turning but the inside is still green.

No comments:

Post a Comment