Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Eleven Deer this evening

It's getting seriously hard to get a walk in after work when arriving at the park by 6:00 pm. It's pretty much dark now at 7:00 pm. Tonight's walk started off good when I spotted this Doe right away off the south wood chip trail. She was just one of eleven I'd see tonight and I can't even remember where I spotted some of them. Three I do remember were two fawns and a mother on the north side just after the bridge. In the grassy field to the north, the fawns appeared to be playing, running rapidly in a circle, almost chasing each other. I tried to get some pics but they were running around way too much. I spotted a few more here and there but it was much too dark -in the wooded areas anyway- to get any pictures. On the south east side though I spotted another group of two fawns and a mother out in the open where there was just enough light. These three were calmly eating instead of running in circles. Palmer Lake is not really great for fall colors unfortunately. All the trees pretty much turn the same color yellow at the same time. There was one particular tree on the south east side that was a nice bright red but by the time I got there it was really dark. Wish I could have seen this tree in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment