Sunday, September 26, 2010

Green and Blue

Since it's stopped raining the weather has really been fantastic. Though most days are now starting out in the mid 40's, it can still top out in the mid 70's. Today was another nice morning though I nearly turned back as my stupid camera was running on low batteries. I tried different combinations of batteries and finally got the damn thing to stay on right before I noticed this Male Wood Duck. Later I spotted only a few mushrooms and a Red-bellied Woodpecker. On the east side though I noticed a large Blue Jay just off the trail. I was excited to get my first decent photo of one but sadly even these pics turned out crummy. It's kind of funny that such a common bird can be so elusive. This might be the first and only Blue Jay photo I've put on the blog but hopefully I'll catch a better one soon. On the south side, small flocks of Canada Geese were passing just shortly over my head. The first time I was warned by loud honking but the second time I heard only the whoosh of whistling feathers heading my way. I pointed my camera up and managed to catch the whole group. I like how they're wings are in different positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment