Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Two visits in one day

Yep, I finally did it -I visited the park twice in one day. The first was just before 8:00am as I had taken a "mental health day" off from work. Over the weekend, the temperature itself had cooled down considerably, but surprisingly the humidity has stayed. As I was making my way to the north end of the park I stopped to spy on a couple of Grey Catbirds when I suddenly noticed a Humming bird buzzing around the same bushes. He stayed perched just long enough for one pic. Though it's not a great one, I was extremely pleased to finally capture their bright green-blue feathers. Shortly after, a second one came hovering by and they flew off together. Besides a couple Green Herons, there weren't many photo opps other than this small toad who'd hopped out onto the path. You gotta be careful lately to watch where you walk as there's no shortage of them with the recent wet weather. Later in the day I decided I'd up my daily mileage (I'm a big pedometer fan) and go for a jog. I figured I'd run with camera in hand JUST in case I spotted something like a big buck. As it turned out, I saw just that. Two of them in fact, were drinking water from a drainage ditch near the north side. Both had nice big velvety antlers but my camera was not cooperating due to the dim light. This is the best pic I caught -which I even lightened up slightly to show more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment