Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Humid Evening

Our warm August is continuing and so is the humidity. Seems we're in a perpetual state of hot and stormy weather resulting in a deluge of rain with every thunderstorm. The water levels at the park are now the highest I've ever seen them. With this much rain, everywhere is lush and green. There was an ominous overcast to the sky on this Tuesday evening but it was WAY too hot and humid to even consider a rain jacket. I figured it would feel good if I got rained on. It never did rain but the big thunderclouds later converged in the west and parted just enough for the sunset to peek through, creating a strange sky. There was not much wildlife moving around tonight, unless you count the mosquitoes. As I headed back to the parking lot on the south side, I noticed a flock of geese just overhead. I thought it was an odd site to see at this time of year. Maybe they'd had enough of this heat and were heading further north! Shortly later I spotted another Prairie Vole but didn't get any blog-worthy pics before he scampered off into the taller grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment