Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sunny Halloween

Mostly sunny but windy and cold today as I set out. Saw one Doe off the left side of the first wood chip trail but I couldn't get a decent photo. She was in thick foliage and eating everything green in sight just like the last Doe I'd seen. Somewhere on the southwest side I came upon these cool, orange Mushrooms that seemed like they were coated in a clear, sticky, snail-like slime. The big trees have pretty much dropped their brightly colored leaves already and only small seedlings like this Maple have any color to them. Back on the south side near the water I came across some more orange but considerably less slime-coated mushrooms. These allowed for a better shot from underneath.

1 comment:

  1. Just reading online. Orange mushrooms could be Mycena leaiana.

    ReplyDelete