Saturday, October 24, 2009

Autumn Fall

Really feeling like Autumn now as most of the leaves are finally falling and the rain has let up -momentarily anyway. Unusually wet weather and cold temps made for a strange and short season this year and the best scenery is already on the ground. The temp this morning made for an interesting photo of still-green plants poking up through just barely frozen water. On the south side I got some photos of different looking birds with white bills that I've been seeing on the water for the past few weeks. Our Birds of Minnesota book confirmed that they are American Coots making one more species I can add to my list of "Wildlife seen in the park." The book says that they're not considered a duck as they have lobed toes versus webbed feet. Just before returning to the parking lot I noticed the very same "glossy leaved" Oak tree I photographed last week had turned a bright gold. I tried to remember the same exact location of last week's photo and it turned out close enough to put the two together.The top is from October 24th and the bottom from October 17th. Quite a drastic change in 7 days huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment