Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Not a Creature was Stirring

I had one more day off of work this Tuesday and it was the 4th day in a row I visited the park. I was met with an unusual sound of chainsaws as I neared the north end of the park. The city is apparently trimming up anything within 30 feet or so of the trail. It seemed a bit extreme in some areas that now look very different and "open" compared to before. My guess is that they are concerned about a branch falling on someone and then getting sued or something. Who knows. It's mid December now and we have NO snow on the ground. It is supposed to rain in fact tomorrow. There was just not anything of interest on this particular visit. I saw a few Chickadees, Woodpeckers and one female Cardinal, none of which presented a good photo opportunity. Near the end of my walk I spotted a group of Mallards that were busy feeding with their butts stuck up in the air which made me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. HI It's good to be back looking at your site. I like that shot of the channel particularly. It was nice seeing you today. We saw a shrike after we saw you and some type of owl but it took off too soon to properly id.

    ReplyDelete