Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Day of May

I took a couple of extra days off from work following Memorial Day so I was able to squeeze one more visit in for the month of May. Seems like this month is going by fast and a lot of the new birds I spotted earlier in the month are already disappearing, likely heading further north for the season. I did see another Flicker on the north side but had a tough time getting a photo against the bright sun. Shortly after, a lone Doe appeared among the tall grass, almost like a gopher popping it's head out of a hole -as that was all I could see. I thought maybe she might have had a fawn with her but as she crossed the trail later, nothing was behind her. I saw a pair of Red-tailed Hawks from a very long distance and didn't have any close bird encounters until I spotted this Cardinal just off the trail. He was quite close and I was excited about the potential photos I would get. I don't know what it is about Cardinals but I just can't seem to get a crisp, detailed photo of one no matter how close I get. I'm starting to thing their red color somehow throws off my camera or something. Just kidding. As I made my way around the park I was noticing how green and thick things have become over the month. Plants are growing and filling in every place that isn't routinely walked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment