Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vernal Equinox 2011

Today is a day we Minnesotans have been awaiting for close to 4 months -the first day of Spring! Though we're not out of the woods yet with snowfall, this winter season finished in 6th place -I believe- in the top snowiest winters on record. Overnight we had a fair amount of rain that has helped deplete our deep snow pack. Not counting snowbanks that were piled high all season, the only measurable snow now can be found in shaded areas or in thicker woods. On the north side that's where I spotted this one lone Deer that appeared to be a yearling. Later I spotted 3 others bedded down in the snow. I also noticed Canada Geese as well as just two Ring-billed Gulls stand out on the ice. From the parking lot I snapped this long range pic of the Gull in flight with one of 7 more Deer below it.

No comments:

Post a Comment