Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mid-March Coyote sighting

The strong winds have subsided today and periodic sun is just starting to melt the snow that drifted onto the path. There were plenty of birds out but nothing too interesting until I spotted this Chickadee at close range. I've only recently started to notice that Chickadees seem to be making different noises lately. Instead of the normal "chicka dee dee dee," it's a long drawn out "feeeeeeeeeee-beeeee." Hopefully it's a sign of Spring. A couple other things I noticed but did not make for a good photos were Pheasant tracks on top of the snow and the first green weeds creeping out from underneath the snow. By the time I got back to the parking lot I'd only taken 11 photos and was thinking it's gonna be hard to make a Blog entry out of this. Then as I was heading to my vehicle I noticed a Coyote walking out near the cattails. He was just lazily strolling along so I had ample time to watch him and get a few pics. In fact he stopped twice to check me out as well. This first picture is with my camera zoomed in all the way. The second photo where he's facing me is zoomed in and cropped in even further yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment