Monday, May 17, 2010

Young Bucks

There wasn't much to see this Monday evening until just before Shingle Creek on the north side. There right off the trail was a group of four deer who were way more interested in eating than the people passing by. I immediately noticed most of them were bucks -in fact I think all were. They were amazingly close to the trail and I could easily see their short velvety antler nubs. I stopped dead in my tracks as it's a true rarity to see so many bucks together. I think they were possibly too young to know any better yet and they just stood there munching on the low hanging leaves of the trees. With the combination of their constant movement and the dimming light, I was getting one crummy photo after another. I was just dying being this close and unable to fully capture it. Out of the 30+ photos I took, these were the least blurry of them. At least now I know the park should have a larger share of bucks this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment