Monday, May 10, 2010

Rainy Monday

Monday rained pretty much all day long. It was still raining as I head home from work but for some reason I was still itching to visit the park. I guess I like when there's fewer people there. The things you see are for sure seen only by you. Nearing the north side I spotted an unfamiliar looking bird as it flew by. It was slightly larger than other birds of it's shape. It landed a ways off from me but I could still see a bright red patch on his head. I zoomed in, got one shot and he flew off. I guessed it was a Flicker and my bird book confirmed that it was a male due to the black mustache. I was pretty glad I'd worn my rain jacket as soon after it started coming down harder. Up ahead some deer were crossing the path and they hesitated one by one as they spotted me. A short while later I saw a group of 4-5 of them that stayed on that side of the path and were eating foliage from trees hanging above. The longer I walked, the harder it rained and after a while my camera lens was even getting spotty. On the south side there are these little plants growing so fast they are carpeting the ground in large patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment