Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Perfect summer evening

Despite all the people in the park, I saw two deer tonight. The first was a buck who waded right across Shingle Creek and up the bank into the tall grass. I just caught him out of the corner of my eye and didn't manage to get my camera out in time. I hurried a bit further down the trail thinking I might run into him again but instead out popped a doe. I stupidly had my camera on a video setting so here is my first video for the blog.
Tons of rabbits out tonight. I caught this one standing on his hind legs to munch on some cattails. One more different colored Iris to add to my collection. Spent a while at the southern end of the creek just watching all the action near the water. Carp, Egrets and Green Herons were everywhere. Later the sunset turned the sky pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment