Saturday, August 8, 2009

Much needed rain

On Friday afternoon we received 9/10ths of an inch of rain. Then another 9/10ths more on Friday night and Saturday morning. When I started my walk Saturday morning, it was still raining. I started noticing little slugs crossing the path as I've often seen in the spring. They look exactly like the snails I see but without the shell. Upon crossing Shingle Creek on the North side, you could tell that the water was a good foot higher than just a few days ago. Back on the South side I watched this Green Heron fishing in the now much higher water. Having been about 8 inches below normal rainfall, all the rain was much needed. Wildlife in the park almost seemed to be celebrating. Carp were jumping out of the water so frequently that I was able to capture one with my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment