Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rabbits galore

Gotta begin this post by noting the caterpillar from previous post is a "Mourning Cloak caterpillar." Walked and jogged tonight. 85 degrees and humid. Almost ran right into this first deer while jogging for a bit. Was only about 8 feet away before I noticed it standing in the low ditch next to the trail. I stopped, then backed up slowly before attempting to take any photos. The next thing I saw is something I've been hoping to get a photo of forever but have only seen twice. There it was, a deer wading right in the creek, eating from along the bank. I watched for quite a while before it finally hopped up onto the high bank. After crossing the creek again on the south side I spotted a Heron and snapped a quick pic before he got spooked and flew off. Around the whole park I was spotting rabbits left and right. On the very last wood chip trail I saw a little bunny munching on grass. I decided to take a few pics so I stood very still. He must have thought I was a tree 'cause he walked right up underneath me. It was funny as I didn't realize how little he was while I was looking through the camera lens. Total deer spotted: 4. Rabbits: 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment