Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring has Sprung

It's hard to believe that today is actually the first day of Spring when we've had nearly 3 weeks of May-like weather already. Today was 63 degrees -slightly cooler than the last few days if you can believe it. The trees are quite far along already for this time of year with small leaves appearing everywhere and the woods starting to fill-in. This is going to be one long Spring season! Despite the nice warm weather there wasn't too much to be seen today. I may have seen a Blue-winged Teal out in the lake but it was so far away I couldn't tell. I did see a small group of 2 or 3 Deer along the woodchip trail on the west side. The young ones from last season are still recognizable -especially when with an older Doe. They didn't seem to mind me taking photos and as usual became more curious about me that I was about them. Later near the end of my walk I clearly spotted a Dark-eyed Junco which seemed way out of place on this warm day. I got a poor photo from underneath that wasn't blog-worthy but I thought I would note it as they will start becoming scarce, heading back north very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment