Friday, February 24, 2012

Nothin' to See

This Friday I got a very early start to work, thus giving me a chance to leave early and get in an afternoon walk. The weather had turned bad -or should I say "normal" for this time of year and was snowing and windy when I arrived at the park. But after about 1/4 of the way around it had moved out already, making the southern sky look ominously dark. There was just nothing to see today. I spotted one Hawk in the middle of the park about a quarter mile away and much too far for a photo. Besides a few random Hairy Woodpeckers that was about it. On the footbridge on the north side I noticed lots of Mallard footprints frozen into the ice that was likely a mushy slush just day or two ago.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to see a shrike, and you got photos! I thought they were all but gone. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete