Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quiet & Cold Sunday

After taking 135 pictures yesterday, I took only 12 today -and even these 12 aren't too interesting. The park was just all around quiet today. There were still flurries in the air, adding to the already heavy branches of pine trees and any thick shrubs that caught the snow. For most of my walk it was the only thing I noticed. It definitely makes the woods seem thick again even without leaves. I did end up seeing a few deer, but all Does today. They were generally far off and I had a hard time catching one decent photo, especially as the snow started falling harder. They were already looking higher up for food versus trying to find anything beneath the 6-7 inches of snow on the ground. Later I spotted an interesting looking and very large Hawk but he would scare off anytime I got within a hundred feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment