Saturday, August 7, 2010

Warm streak

I could tell it was gonna be a warm one today so I hit the park as early as I could. Even so, it was already in the mid-eighties and humid. As I made my way around, I noticed an obvious lack of people. Not sure if everyone is up north at their cabins or just staying inside. It reminded me of some of my winter visits when I feel like I'm the only one there. Those can be some of the best times for photography because I'll stop to take pics I might not normally take -which explains a couple of images in this post. It was so hot today that I was constantly wiping away sweat from my forehead in an attempt to keep it from dripping onto my glasses. Somewhere on the east side I stopped again in the shade and noticed a small woodpecker very close enough for a decent photo. I think it's a Male Downy Woodpecker, indicated by the red patch on the head and small black spots on the tail. The north side presented a good random photo opportunity as these seeds were about to take flight in the hot summer air. A short time later this squirrel ran almost right under my legs and scurried up a tree. Anytime animals get closer than normal is worth taking a photo to me -even if it's just your average everyday squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment