Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sunny end to April

This has been nicest, warmest April in a long long time and it feels like Summer is just around the corner. I saw four deer on the north side but they all eluded my camera lens. I did notice that a few families of Mallards have just had their babies. They are funny to watch as they almost run across the water trying to keep up. The warm sun made for some nice views on the south side and when I got to the mouth of the lake the Carp were jumping out of the water like crazy. One or two would leap out, flop around and splash back in about every minute or so. I unintentionally managed to catch one in the left hand side of this photo. Shortly after a Muskrat came swimming by and I snapped this pic right before he headed into the cattails. It's kind of neat to see their long rat-like tail. The sun continued with a nice orange sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment