Monday, April 12, 2010

Mid-April

The park right now seems to have a perfectly equal measure of green and brown. New green grass creates such a contrast against the dead, greyish brown vegetation of last year. It makes whatever is green seem even more intense. I only saw one deer tonight versus twelve last week.Now that I look at the photo more closely, the bumps on this one's head seem pretty pronounced and I wonder if they might be antler nubs. On the east side I took this photo across a small slough. I thought it would be tough to tell if it were taken in the fall or the spring -the look was so similar. On the south side water overlook, I noticed a lot of activity in the water. Every so often something large would come up barely to the water's surface and plunge back down again, making the water swirl and spin. I'm thinking it had to be carp although I did see a few turtle heads poking out too. This photo is crummy but is obviously the snout of a Snapping Turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment