Monday, April 19, 2010

Lots of visits planned

After kind of slacking and visiting the park only once each weekend lately, I've set a new goal for myself to visit every day this week. Tonight was somewhat uneventful though I did see a couple of deer right on the first woodchip trail. They are all looking rather scrawny lately. You can see their ribs and their fur is kind of matted and clumpy -almost like they've been swimming or something. I don't know if it's from just coming off the long winter or what but they definitely all have this appearance since of the beginning of April. Later down the same trail I spotted a large Hawk but didn't get any blog-worthy pictures. Not much else to note until coming back to the south side where there are still Canada Geese at the mouth of Shingle Creek. I assume some of them are nesting in the area based on their back and forth "patrolling" behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment