Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Herd of Deer

It was darn near hot outside this Wednesday evening and I'm still trying to adjust to this early, warm spring. I keep overdressing and finding myself having to tie my sweatshirt around my waist. Lots of people out tonight which made it even stranger to see a large group of deer right off the trail on the west side. Not sure what was attracting them so close to the trail but even when they got spooked by people on the trail, they would come back within a few minutes to munch on something at ground level. They were spread out so much that it took me a while to count them all and determine the total number at eight. This may have been the second largest group I've seen in the park. I never got all of them in one photo but I got close with seven in this one. Occasionally some moved into smaller groups that made for better photos. They all looked like Doe's but at this time of year there would be no antlers to help tell the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment