Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas snowstorm aftermath

The Christmas snowstorm of 2009 has dumped over a foot of snow followed by a nice freezing rain on top of it, making for a tough -and very loud- walk today. I doubted I'd see any deer as they'd hear me coming a mile away, and I was right. The only thing that stuck out of the white scenery was this Cardinal. Since there was really nothin' else to see today I tried again to capture some snowflakes where the path was covered with interesting looking ice crystals. Don't think my camera is completely cut out for this close of a shot but I'm gonna keep tryin. On the west side I noticed that the recent heavy snows have just squashed large areas of cattails creating new views of the lake that did not exist before.

No comments:

Post a Comment