Saturday, December 5, 2009

December's here

Only minutes into my normal "clockwise" walk I was happy to scare up a doe. It was a strange area of the park to see a deer in, being very close to a large open area surrounded by neighborhood roads. She was skittish probably because of the area and I barely got one pic before she bounded away. There was just a hint of snow/frost on the ground and it made for a loud, crunchy walk on the woodchip trails.
The sun was shining, making the snow sparkle so I tried taking a close up of the white stuff on a fallen log. After spotting a deer so early on my walk I was hopeful to see more but unfortunately the rest of my walk was quiet and cold. Plants that had still been hanging on to their green color are getting scarcer and becoming brown, dried up, brittle versions of themselves.
While crossing the baseball diamonds on the east side, the snow had collected in the lower areas of the gravel, revealing a cluster of kid's drawings. They reminded me of petroglyphs or ancient cave drawings as they would have been near impossible to even notice without the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment