Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Deer are back

Last Saturday December 12th started off nice but turned gloomy by the time I was out walking and there was a noticeable line in the sky showing the change. After hardly seeing any deer in the past month, I was excited to see this one, even though far off in the distance towards the middle of the park. Not too long after, I spotted two more, then two more, then a group of six! The group of six were in an area I'd never cared to look before -right in someone's back yard. At first I only noticed one standing in front of a small storage shed but after watching for a minute I realized there were five more right up by a house. They must have had a feeder or something. I tried to get a shot of the group but they were far away and had also noticed me already. All of them looked like does I thought. Heading around the east side I saw two more right off the trail, bringing the total to thirteen. Not too bad; my previous high count was eleven.

No comments:

Post a Comment