Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Quick Hike With Good Sights

Today is July 3rd and my workplace closed early for the 4th of July Holiday weekend. So of course I went straight to the park after going home to change. I wanted to make a quick hike out of my visit since there was much to do this weekend. But there was so much to see and photograph it took me longer than I had planned at around 2 hours and 15 minutes. After stopping to admire the mixture of Blue Vervain and Swamp Milkweed near the culdesac at 73rd Avenue, I headed south to the wood chip trails. There I came across a lone Doe who stopped in front of me in very nice light. I took a few shots of her before she headed back into the brush. I would see just one other Deer during my walk later on. On the west side near the baseball fields I spotted an Eastern Bluebird perched along the chain link fencing. This side of the park seems to be preferred by the Bluebirds as the fields offer a lot of open space which is what they really like. And of course I couldn't get past the north side quickly when again I spotted an Indigo Bunting. This has really become one of my favorite and most-photographed subject this year. I've been fortunate to see one here on the north side nearly every time I visit and have spent countless hours following them from tree to tree. Other birds seen on my walk today included: American Redstart, Wood Duck with chicks, American Robin, Yellow Warbler, and Least flycatcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment