Saturday, February 1, 2014

Finally February!

As I hiked around the park this Saturday afternoon, it seemed there was a little glimmer of hope among this harsh winter. Today was a new month with January behind us, and the sun had even poked it's head out. Each day it is up longer and longer and even now I can sense a difference in the time of year without looking at the calendar. As I made my way around the south end of the park the sun cast a warm glow out onto the lake area and cattails and even the thin white Aspen (?) trees out near the middle. Sometimes just a different light source can really change your whole view of how something looks –thus I thought this was kind of an interesting photo to share from today. The birds were few and far between today and I only spotted a handful of common species including Black-capped Chickadee and both Downy and Red-bellied Woodpeckers. But I again found a flock of 15-20 Cedar Waxwings who were busily gulping down Buckthorn berries. The sun was just perfect and with a partly blue sky behind I snuck in closely to a few who tolerated me better and snapped a bunch of pics. I was pleasantly satisfied with a number of them including this one that I'm actually proud of. In fact I decided to submit it to the Capture Minnesota online photo contest! It is a really fun way to share and look at others photos and definitely inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment