Saturday, June 9, 2012

Early Morning Saturday

I hit the park really early this Saturday even before 7am. As the sunlight was still slightly lower through the trees I caught glimpses of a Yellow Warbler and then two Brown Thrashers on the south side. I couldn't manage a decent photo of either of them for some reason as my camera must have thought it was too early to be taking pictures or something. Still seeing a lot of the more common birds such as Chickadees, Brown-headed Cowbirds, Song Sparrows and such so I was bummed about not getting a pic of the Brown Thrashers. On the west side near the baseball fields I noticed this female Red-winged Blackbird who didn't mind me walking within just a few feet of her. Funny how tame the females are compared to the males. Later on the north side I spotted more Yellow Warblers, dipping into the low grass and then coming back up to perch on the surrounding Willow shrubs. They would do this over and over so I assume they picking insects. There were some other birds doing the same. Not too long after I spotted both a Flicker and then a Baltimore Oriole but again failed at getting any decent shots. Everything was just too far away today. So too was this Indigo Bunting but I'm posting it anyway because I get so few photos of them at the park. I could hear this one singing  and tried to remember it's sound so that hopefully I get more chances in the future. Even from this distance and against a blue sky you could see his brilliantly blue color. You may have to click on the photo and enlarge to really see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment