Monday, June 14, 2010

More wet weather

This June has been one of the wettest I can remember. I heard somewhere that it's rained the last 21 of 27 days or something like that. With lakes and rivers being down for a long time, it's about time for another 10-year cycle into wetter weather. Dark rain clouds loomed overhead threatening to dump even more rain on the already saturated ground. There was a whole lot of nothin' movin' around in the park tonight except for another Hummingbird in the very same dead tree as last week. I took a few more pics which weren't any better than last week. On the south side I noticed a few clumps of these yellowish fungus. They looked more like they should be underwater in a deep blue ocean than growing on a trail of woodchips in central Minnesota. Having seen mutlitudes of various fungi at Palmer Lake, I'm guessing they present just as much or more to learn about than the all the species of Minnesota birds. Before leaving, I noticed that the tall clumps of grass that were resting stops for ducks, geese and swans this spring are now nearly underwater. At this point the water is for sure higher than when I went Kayaking back in mid-May.

No comments:

Post a Comment