Thursday, June 10, 2010

Palmer Lake Blog turns one year old!

Today, marks exactly one full year since my first post in 2009! I had no idea when I started that I would discover such a passion for nature photography. I'm now seriously considering some better camera equipment but probably won't bite the bullet until this Fall. This will be my 96th post which would mean I've visited the park an average of every 3.8 days! The first thing that caught my eye today was another Wood Duck. This one had seven babies trailing behind and I'm seeing more of the same in other parts of the park. There's sure to be plenty of Wood Ducks at Palmer Lake for a while. On the west side I spotted my first deer in over two weeks. This doe was by herself -also an unusual sight this spring. She posed for a quick pic and stayed there even after I passed. Later as I was heading along the creek towards the lake overlook, I spotted yet another lone doe. This one was standing right along the creek bank on the opposite side. I'd never seen a deer in that area before -and, it was very close to where I'd seen the Coyote about a month ago. The deer are almost orange in color now, especially against the green foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment