Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dreary Thursday

It's been nice to be able to visit the park more frequently now that it's staying lighter all the time. There were no sunsets tonight though as it was very overcast and grey. I really hadn't seen much by the time I'd crossed the north side except for a lot of seeded out Dandelions. It's amazing how fast they cycle through from flower to seed. No wonder they spread so easily. I did see a few deer near the houses on the northeast side but I had a hard time capturing any decent photos. They'd only pop their heads up periodically to see what I was up to before looking for more food. When I got the south side I noticed the first Great Blue Heron of the season. In fact there was an Egret inching up on him slowly. It was an interesting site as I've rarely seen these two large birds close together like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment