Monday, May 3, 2010

Coyote Sighting

This evening started out with a bit of drizzle and I was afraid it would be another very uneventful walk. However, on the first wood chip trail I heard a lot of noise coming from my right and I spotted three deer crossing the shallow water connecting the two eastern most bodies of water. I think it's so cool to see them walking right in the water -just not something you see all the time. Later after coming back to the south side I walked up the wood chip trail to the mouth of the lake and couldn't believe my eyes. Right there in plain, full view was a Coyote standing at the edge of the creek! He was much bigger and reddish in color than I expected. I immediately went for my camera but as I zoomed in and attempted to focus, it did a high-jump over some tall grass and disappeared in a flash. I stood there stupidly for a bit before I started cussing myself out for being greedy and trying to get a close-up. What a missed opportunity. I decided to park myself on the bank of the creek in hopes that he might come back. I waited until sunset but never saw him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment