Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Palmer Lake Cleanup Day!

This morning I finally accomplished my own little Lake Palmer Cleanup Day! Last year my workplace introduced a "Spirit Day" initiative that let's you take an extra day off to volunteer. This was the perfect fit to let me clean up all the trash I see everyday. It was a fantastic day to do so and I even got 3 personal "thank you's" from strangers out for a morning walk or a jog. It was a great feeling and went at least a little ways towards relieving my disgust about the grossness of my task. As I set out just after sunrise I encountered quite a few deer -eight in total. Here's one of 2 does seen not too long after setting out. I wanted to take at least one pic of my trash-grabber in action so here you go. Who in the heck ditches a bottle of lemon juice in the local park? Right as I was topping off my first 40 gallon trash bag, I heard a huffing noise coming from the other side of the trail. When I peaked out of the woods there were 2 does that must have been upset that I was standing on their trail. I quickly dropped my bag in favor of my camera and caught this video of the none-too happy doe. After that I got the heck out of there. As I was filling my second bag I came across two otherinteresting sites. The first were these odd, white berries and the second, a Great Blue Heron. Lastly is a picture of my two full bags of garbage hauled out of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment