Saturday, August 15, 2009

Colorful Morning

Lots and lots of Butterflies and insects out this morning. Almost all of them in the same area on the south side where wildflowers seem to be taking over the field. Spotted this Tiger Swallowtail right away on some flowers of his own color. The "touch-me-not" plants are attracting just about every kind of insects with their small orange flowers. Bumble bees actually crawl right inside them but I couldn't get a photo as they are too quick.







Near the ball fields on the east side I spotted a face in the woods. This was the same place where I saw the Doe and Fawns pop out from.

Back on the south side the turtles were sunning themselves in the creek.
Later, I got a better opportunity for a Bumble Bee pic.

1 comment:

  1. Rowley_JunctionAugust 16, 2009

    Did you know... dragonflies hold their wings perpindicular to their body while damselflies hold them parallel? Also, although dragonflies have 6 legs they are unable to walk. And they spend the majority of their lifespan underwater as nymphs who breathe oxygen through the gills in their rectum. I know all this because I looked up their biology on Wiki :) No answer on the red "eggs" though.

    ReplyDelete