Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Big Month Day 12 and 4 Days in a Row!

Today was the 4th day in a row I've visited the park. But today I had to come after work and that left me precious little light to find some birds in. To my surprise I spotted a Golden-winged Warbler near the ground! This is a bird I've seen before in other areas, but the very first one I've seen at the park. It was in a thicket only inches off the ground where I've seen Ruby-crowned Kinglets before. Knowing how tough it was to get photos of the Kinglets in the same place, I knew I had my work cut out for me. Sadly, this is the best image I got, though I was SO close to the bird! Later it flew up into the trees where it was even more obscured. I saw some Mallards in very nice light, but blew those shots as well. The only other decent shot I obtained was this young Red-winged Blackbird right before dusk set in. Other birds spotted included; Song Sparrow, American Redstart, Gray Catbird, Northern Cardinal, and White-throated Sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment