Saturday, April 4, 2015

On the Wing

This Saturday evening I didn't make it to the park until after 5:30pm. I decided to hike out along Shingle Creek and sit in my favorite spot with a view downstream. The light was very nice when I arrived but it was already late in the day. Aside from a Mallard or two, all other birds were flying overhead, not stopping anywhere near me. The first thing I heard was a pair of Wood Ducks flying over. Then later an unmistakeable noise that kept growing closer, a pair of Sandhill Cranes! These were the first I've actually seen this year but I've been hearing them fly over periodically. Sometime later a Great Blue Heron also came flying over. By now the light was getting poor and I was getting dark, grainy photos. Such a quiet evening despite the nice weather today.

No comments:

Post a Comment