Saturday, December 27, 2014

Saturday After Christmas

As I get older I look forward not to Christmas anymore but to it's passing. So much running around and adding unnecessary stress to our already hectic lives. Boy I sound old. But really I look at it now as something to get past and one step closer to Spring. But Spring seems like a distant memory as I hiked around the snow covered park today. Wet, sticky snow from a recent storm clung to everything it could and built up in even the smallest of twigs. It made for neat views today which was good because there were very few birds to be seen. Probably the best bird I spotted was a Red-bellied Woodpecker but from a long ways away. Other than this I saw a couple of American Robins, Mallards in the duck pond,  a small flock of American Crows, and a couple of American Tree Sparrows. I hadn't started my hike today until almost 3:00pm so there was a short time of light. As I was coming back around on the north side I liked how the setting sun was hitting the twisted Willow Trees. This was about 4:30pm and it would be dark soon so I headed back to my vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment