Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fruitless Search

Today I decided to go in search of a very particular and special Owl. One that I've seen and photographed at the park before but one that I'm hesitant to even mention here on my blog. The reason is that certain species of Owls (including the one I was looking for today) are actually SO hard to find that when someone does find one, and tells someone else –well the word travels quickly. And unfortunately this knowledge can sometimes balloon into circumstances that aren't so good for the birds themselves.
Any way, I wasn't able to locate the elusive Long-eared Owl today but I DID find a spot where one has obviously been perched recently as evident by the "whitewashed" branches covered in Owl scat. Better luck next time I guess. All I saw today was an American Robin and Blue Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment